Chiltern Lifestyle Centre
Chiltern District Council
Space & Place
6 June 2022
Design & Build
Form of Contract
The new lifestyle centre has been designed to replace the 1960s Chiltern Pools Leisure Centre. The council’s aim is to bring together leisure and community services in one centre. The new building will be built alongside the existing one which will be demolished in one of the final phases.
The lifestyle centre will feature:
- 8-lane 25m swimming pool with viewing, diving/teaching pool and splash pad area
- Four badminton court sports hall
- Dry diving training facility
- Squash courts
- Clip ‘n’ climb wall
- Café area
- Multi use games area (MUGA) and play areas
- Community Centre
- Fitness and gym studios
- Children’s soft play area
- 221-space car park.
“The project team is extremely focused on achieving the client’s requirements. BAM and the Design Team have demonstrated a proactive collaborative approach that has built trust to enable effective delivery.”
- Provided six work placements, spending time with the project team during preconstruction and on site shadowing the project team.
- Our Education & Community Coordinator supported the Apprenticeship Evening at Dr Challoner’s Grammar School and a school careers event at Sir William Ramsay School.
- Exhibited at the Bucks Skills Show
- Our Site Manager represented BAM at a careers event at Great Marlow School.
- A careers talk was given to Year 10 students at Aylesbury Grammar School.
- As part of National Careers Week our Education & Community Coordinator talked about careers in the Construction Industry to Y9 at Holmer Green Senior School, before running a workshop with a Y7 Maths class which involved calculating volumes, ordering Lego bricks and building houses to show how Maths is used in the real world.
- Delivered five STEM workshops for Year 8 pupils at Aylesbury Vale Academy.
- Shrubs which were removed from site were donated to the local school – St Michael’s School.
- £250 was donated to the Rotary Club of Amersham.
- The project is using the services of Community Wood Recycling, a local social enterprise for waste transfer of wood